I have more than 10 years experience in Web Development in big projects like ejobs.ro, eRepublik.com, 2performant.com.
- Providing Level 2 support, working with all the available tools and technologies: AEM, Salesforce, Dell Boomi, Git, Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, Service Now, Custom applications, Splunk etc
- Ran and Refined the Change Management Process within Digital Attacker Project
- Offered support for incident reporting by creating Dashboards and Reports using Jira
- Actively involved in the Internship program as Mentor
- Optimized the hosting costs by 60%
- Designed and implemented the CI/CD pipelines to carry out automated deployments to staging (Prod still in testing)
- Added API Documentation using Swagger ( OAS 2)
- Performed Rails security upgrades
- Bumped up the test suite from 4000 up to 13000 individual tests, having a 52% Coverage (Rspec, Simplecov)
- Actively maintaining 12 VPS instances (11 AWS + 1 Digital Ocean)
- Logging and monitoring using ELK stack (including security, system metrics)
AWS Platform (EC2, VPC, CloudWatch, RDS, IAM etc)
- Designed and implemented various functionalities using Perl to work with OTRS
Research on :
- Containerization using Docker
- Machine Learning classification recipes using Python, and tools Keras, NumPy, TensorFlow, Pickle
- Various data processing techniques (parsing Feeds and import it to various systems for deduplication and feature identification)
- Provisioning scripts using Salt
- Android Development
Implemented the proper procedures to report the bugs.
Introduced a proper ticketing system for a better client feedback, reply automation, for customer interaction.
Supervised and guided miscellaneous optimization tasks:
- as a team, we optimized several cron jobs, from a 7 hour run time to a 5 minute runtime, another one from 23+ hours to just 45 minutes).
I have guided the Virtualization process (from multi purpose server narrowed down to a single purpose server). Implemented a monitoring tool to have better insights into our infrastructure.
- added deploy recipes to fit the current operational needs.
- Switched to a micro-service architecture for scalability and maintainability purposes.
Mentored the team members to improve their programming and refactoring skills.
Researched Machine Learning using Python (Keras)
I have designed, documented and implemented the code review & release policy.
I Have Implemented a build and continuous integration system.
I have designed and organized the hosting migration with 0 Downtime.
I have coordinated and improved the Affiliate Commission processing time, improvement visible mostly on the Black Friday season.
Database and code optimizations for the entire 2performant ecosystem.
Developed functionalities using Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, MySQL, PHP, Memcached, Redis, SOLR, Sphinx and MongoDb for www.2parale.ro, www.2leva.ro, www.2performant.com and related applications.
Developed the Affiliate payment system.
I have been Tech Lead on an internal project, moment that allowed me to coordinate a team of 3 people to implement the internal project.
I have been technical owner on some projects like the entire admin area, the version 1 of the erepublik api (Ruby version)
I have performed miscellaneous development tasks from Frontend area (HTML, CSS, SaSS, JS), backed (Symfony 1.x, Propel and Doctrine) for most of the applications owned by the company.