I have more than 10 years experience in Web Development in big projects like ejobs.ro, eRepublik.com, 2performant.com.
- Providing Level 2 support, working with all the available tools and technologies: AEM, Salesforce, Dell Boomi, Git, Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, Service Now, Custom applications, Splunk etc
- Ran and Refined the Change Management Process within Digital Attacker Project
- Offered support for incident reporting by creating Dashboards and Reports using Jira
- Actively involved in the Internship program as Mentor
- Optimized the hosting costs by 60%
- Designed and implemented the CI/CD pipelines to carry out automated deployments to staging (Prod still in testing)
- Added API Documentation using Swagger ( OAS 2)
- Performed Rails security upgrades
- Bumped up the test suite from 4000 up to 13000 individual tests, having a 52% Coverage (Rspec, Simplecov)
- Actively maintaining 12 VPS instances (11 AWS + 1 Digital Ocean)
- Logging and monitoring using ELK stack (including security, system metrics)
AWS Platform (EC2, VPC, CloudWatch, RDS, IAM etc)
- Designed and implemented various functionalities using Perl to work with OTRS
Research on :
- Containerization using Docker
- Machine Learning classification recipes using Python, and tools Keras, NumPy, TensorFlow, Pickle
- Various data processing techniques (parsing Feeds and import it to various systems for deduplication and feature identification)
- Provisioning scripts using Salt
- Android Development
- Implemented the proper procedures to report the bugs.
- Introduced a proper ticketing system for a better client feedback, reply automation, for customer interaction.
- Supervised and guided miscellaneous optimization tasks:
- – as a team, we optimized several cron jobs, from a 7 hour run time to a 5 minute runtime, another one from 23+ hours to just 45 minutes).
- I have guided the Virtualization process (from multi purpose server narrowed down to a single purpose server). Implemented a monitoring tool to have better insights into our infrastructure.
- – added deploy recipes to fit the current operational needs.
- – Switched to a micro-service architecture for scalability and maintainability purposes.
- Mentored the team members to improve their programming and refactoring skills.
- Researched Machine Learning using Python (Keras)
- I have designed, documented and implemented the code review & release policy.
- I Have Implemented a build and continuous integration system.
- I have designed and organized the hosting migration with 0 Downtime.
- I have coordinated and improved the Affiliate Commission processing time, improvement visible mostly on the Black Friday season.
- Database and code optimizations for the entire 2performant ecosystem.
- Developed functionalities using Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, MySQL, PHP, Memcached, Redis, SOLR, Sphinx and MongoDb for www.2parale.ro, www.2leva.ro, www.2performant.com and related applications.
- Developed the Affiliate payment system.
I have been Tech Lead on an internal project, moment that allowed me to coordinate a team of 3 people to implement the internal project.
I have been technical owner on some projects like the entire admin area, the version 1 of the erepublik api (Ruby version)
I have performed miscellaneous development tasks from Frontend area (HTML, CSS, SaSS, JS), backed (Symfony 1.x, Propel and Doctrine) for most of the applications owned by the company.